Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ambiguity?

Last Friday was the last day for previous batch of UTP interns, after eight month with us. I was one of their supervisors. I supervised Ani, a student in Business Information System. I've assigned her to develop an online training budget monitoring system, so that I could effectively manage the unit's training budget in the future.

A simple farewell party was done for them on Wednesday.

It was expected from the interns to say something about their new experiences, but I certainly did not expect Dr J, the dept boss to call the supervisors to give their comment on the interns in front of everybody.

"It is the best memory in my life," Ani, after crediting her SV (read: me!) and the rest of the people in the section, with teary eyes of course.

My turn to say something.

"I'm happy with her. She developed the system and helped us a lot with our works,"

Paused.

"But she's very stubborn!" I blurted, causing laughter to break across the room. Ani blushed, and was wiping off her tears.

I continued, "well, serve me right for being as stubborn to my boss, Datin..."

"We argue a lot... most of the time she didn't agree with my suggestion and I don't want to listen to her arguement, though I have to admit some of them make sense and she's right..."

"I guess its my ego..."

"I believe he's speaking on behalf of the men!" Datin suddenly added.

I ended my remark with, "Well, good luck to Ani, and all the best. Thank you..."

So, that was it.

Later, on a separate occasion, Dr J commented, "She is not stubborn, Sayuti. She's persistence..."

And we smiled.


p/s: Good luck to the students of UTP for the new semester. Break is over. Deal with it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nk tanya sket...sayuti nie sek rendah kat skwss ka??

SpidEy d'lEfty said...

Sayut.., yg family day tu kitrng yg kt ulu nih dijemput x?

Sayuti said...

orang yang tak dikenali: ya. saya sekolah situ.

wong sangat2 dijemput! tapi, si yahya kawen hari tu. huhu.

Diesel Electric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diesel Electric said...

The correct form of the word would have been 'persistent'. :P

Sayuti said...

abg fizi. thank you.