Thursday, December 21, 2006

Beta!

The English proficiency test was successfully conducted today. I don't think I did well in the test. The questions were quite tricky, but luckilly I managed to answer all despite the fact that I was interrupted a couple of times by a call from a university who would like to send their student for internship at my unit and a personal call from Didi.

The consultant had two things in mind when she prepared the questions - to see the English proficiency level of the staff and to get some insight on the candidates and their respective job at this Company. A pretty clever strategy I would say.

Yesterday morning, I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Abdullah Sher Kawi, who I believed was made famous by his appearance in Akademi Fantasia (AF) as the motivational advisor. Datin brought him to me to discuss on a 'grooming' class to be conducted to the young executives.

(ARGH! MORE WORK!)

Honestly, I didn't like him that much when I saw him in AF, but meeting him in person changed my opinion about him. He has quite an admirable knowledge on making an impression, very observant to personality and behavior, talks a lot and has a lot of passion towards his work. He also guessed my age correctly. Yes, he is the right person for the job, which Datin leaves me to handle... again!

Later in the afternoon, Datin took over the meeting on Family Day which I mentioned in my last entry, successfully changed the agenda I had put up in the invitation mail, and offended a few attendees along the way. Regardless, she managed to put everything in order and by the end of the meeting, a preliminary plan for the event was drafted and an organizing committee was set up, to be lead by Fariz.

YEAY! :D

Datin was aware of the amount of work she delegated to me, though she still put me to head the sub-committee for activities for the event. I didn't mind, as long as Fariz is the leader for the organizing committee. He is extremely capable for this job. Well, if you watched Explorace Season 1, this guy and his wife were the winning couple.

Huhu~.

When I thought everything was going well, an urgent email from Finance Division successfully pissed me off by requesting the presentation pack for the Budget Review Committee to be submitted by the end of the week, which is tomorrow!

Eventhough I had all the figures consolidated since last week, I would have expected them to send the notification at least two weeks in advance like what they did last year. At least, I could have the lead time to clear out my schedule and to plan some times to focus on preparing the presentation. But nooo, that won't be convenient to them. Thus, in return of the favor, I'm going to delay the submission of the package, screw their schedule and pissed them back.

HAHAHA!

I'm going nuts... or am I screwed? Nope, not tonight.


p/s: OK, I'm just kidding about delaying the submission. Well, who in the right mind would want to mess up with the people who hold the money? I trully am pissed though.

2 comments:

dueng said...

owh. quite nice the test. really nail the aspect that they should covered for english proficiency. english as in language and personality test. one is expressive, one is straight according to rules of the language.

dr abdullah? not even watching AF. :P

grooming? needed cause some of them have poor choice of colors. not saying i'm not that good, i just going to basic color (black + blue or black + black or black + green). i'm not a person who are so colorful. plain color much suitable . i quite not used to stripes, dots, mixture of color. i'm straight and hetrosexual not metrosexual.

wooo...finance people quite persistent. if you willing to deal with them much in future, just delay the submission. :P .they won't mess with your budget cause they not in their right mind to mess with your boss. you just delaying it, pretty much pain in the ass but not good enough as an excuse to stop the budget. if not, menjawab la dgn datin. :P

Sayuti said...

dueng: yes, it was... difficult and confusing. the test.

watch the diary. you'll learn something. :p

not just poor choice of color, we have a deal more that need to be 'repaired' about our image as a corporate citizen. long selection of clothing, incorrect expression, incorrect body language, incorrect gestures, incorrect selection of accessories, which side of the table we choose etc2. some that an average person like me, will say 'poyo' to, but it is quite important in this environment.

bad news. datin rely on me to deliver the budget, and even she will not mess with the gm of finance.