Tuesday, October 21, 2008

911.

Last week was hectic. I had a meeting in Shah Alam, training in KL and then meeting at the Tower.

On my way to KL, Kak Ayu called. My youngest brother had just met with an accident. He broke his leg.

I called office to cancel the flight back to Kuantan, informed Haji Z (my new boss) that I'll be taking emergency leave on Sunday (Sundays are working day in the state of Terengganu, FYI), called home and by Friday noon, I was on the way back to Hutan Melintang with my beloved wife and Syifaak.

We spent the weekend in Perak. It was get-together time for the whole family, also for the two young cousins - Aiman and Syifaak to meet again. BTW, Syifaak and Aiman got more attention than their poor uncle in the Hospital Besar Teluk Intan. Huhu.

Pictures of Syifaak and Aiman:






A picture of their poor uncle:



We drove back to Kuantan on Sunday and spent the night in Balok. We were on the way to Kerteh after Subuh the next day ( which was yesterday btw) as I needed to get to office to attend a meeting. My wife took annual leave as my mother in-law who has been baby-sitting Syifaak all this while, goes back to Batu Pahat for the week.

So, I was the in office yesterday morning to attend an environment work group meeting attended by some operation people, warehouse people, general services people and of course, the HSE people. It is interesting to note that these people can go neck to neck about drum barrels for almost one and a half hour - straight, although the two-hours meeting was not only about the drum barrels.

By noon we were on our way back to Kuantan. Stopped by at the newly-opened Mesra Mall to eat at the Secret Recipe outlet that Lan Snub is managing. The supposed short stop took longer than planned, mostly due to the long wait for the food my beloved wife ordered. The SR crew have forgotten to prepare it. Of course, we told Lan about it.

We arrived at Kuantan Bus Terminal at around 8.30 pm, after stopping by at Balok to pick up a few things. I took the 9.00 pm bus to KL. Arrived at Pekeliling around 1.00 am. Quickly agreed to the taxi driver who was willing to go up Genting Highlands for RM120.00. Arrived at the First World Hotel lobby at around 2.00 am.

Yep, I'm now in Genting, attending the HRDF (not Hindraf) Conference. I wonder whose idea was it to do the conference here, but I strongly believe that there are other much better venue in Malaysia to do it.

I also found it amusing that the theme for the conference is 'Re-engineering of Human Capital to Achieve Competetive Advantage'.

Re-engineering...

Duh...

It sounded like my blog's title. Huhu.

p/s: Pak Wan... I'll do the taggie thing later lah kot.

7 comments:

IZWAN SHAHMIN said...

Owh.. no hurry take your time.

Hope syifaak's Uncle get well soon.

Happy to hear Mesra Mall up and running.

Cute pics BTW.

IkraamSuarez said...

huh...aku pun hectic gak bukan juz this week tapi for the whole month...rabak mata x cukup tdo..=P

Mommy Lyna said...

hai syifaak

jom

Sayuti said...

pak wan: tapi giant tak bukak lagi...

sendoh: ha ah. setended la bila dah keje. tunggu la bila dah ada bini pulak nanti.

alom: syifaak tanya jom pegi mana?

Byoung forever said...

emi camne skarang?

harni said...

tomeynye syifaak! cube compare gambo anak ko dgn gambo ko kecik2.. same ko ke same mak nye?

Sayuti said...

nisa: ok kot dia...

harni: sama-sama serupa semuanya.

:p