Thursday, February 15, 2007

PPA.

There are two types of feedbacks:

  1. Positive feedback
  2. Feedback for improvement
The challenge is that most people are usually not very happy to received the latter. They will take it personally, and instead of focusing on the improvement suggested, they'll be lingering on the thought of getting back to the person giving the feedback, or turned defensive. There are also those who like to start blaming others, and blaming the person giving the feedback.

In fact, they're not entirely wrong except for the 'blaming' part.

One of the many reasons people are not happy to receive feedback for improvement, are the way the person who are giving the feedback, gives the feedback. When it comes to methodolody, there is always room for improvement Yet, most of the times, the attitude of the person receiving the feedback is the main cause, and negative attitude is the most challenging attribute to deal with.

Well, its part of my job and I face this issue frequently. The good thing about it is it gives me time to do reflection, to assess myself and my own attitude. For my colleagues in office, do take this short entry into consideration during the appraisal cycle.

Thank you.


p/s: I'm going to Singapore this morning. Therefore, if needed, I'll elaborate later when I come back. As always, feedbacks are appreciated.